Friday, September 3, 2010

Mom's surgery/ Mimi's visit

Well, my mom had another surgery. This one was on her left shoulder (rotator cuff). It was tough!!! While Dad and I were waiting in the lobby with the girls, someone approached us and thought he was my husband....GROSS!!!!

Mimi flew in a few days later to help Mom. I know she felt like a nomad because mom would need her and then I would need her. She never knew where she was staying. She was a big help to all of us.

Good news: We didn't really tell anyone about some testing we were having run on Ashlyn, but now we would like to share our good news. We had been noticing for several months that sometimes Ashlyn would shake. The best way I can describe it would be a cold shiver that you can't control. I always thought it was a quirky baby thing until people began to notice and seem concerned. I mentioned it at her four month check-up and the doctor thought that we should definitely run some tests to rule out possible seizures. We knew that there was absolutely nothing wrong with this baby! She is fantastic with a huge personality. Mimi went with me to the doctor and they ran an EEG. The results were in and all the doctor could say was, "This baby is fine and I don't want to see you again!" We were happy with that. He said that she has infantile shutter movement and should grow out of it by age two.

While Mimi was here she didn't rest a moment. She was shuffled to doctor's appointments, therapy, school pick up line, dinners, playdates with Abby Grace, cleaning my house, etc. We had a blast. It was so sad on the night she left Abby Grace cried the whole way home! :(

Thank you Mimi for visiting....I love our special times together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment