Sunday, August 29, 2010

Meet The Teacher, First Day of School, Carrots!







We took Abby Grace to meet the teacher on Thursday, August 19th. She has a brand new teacher, Ms. Shuster. We were so glad to see a few kids in her class that we already knew. There are even a couple of kids that live on our street.

Abby Grace's first day of school was tough. We woke her up at 6:30am. Abby Grace had decided on her special breakfast- powdered donuts and biscuits. After I had it all on the table, she changed her mind and decided that she wanted an apple. We measured her height against a wall and she thought that it was so cool that mommy wrote on the wall! Ashlyn and I drove her to school for the first day. She was pretty scared walking in, but calmed down once she got in her room. I knew she was fine when she said, "Mom, you can go now!". After I told her that my name is "Mommy" not "Mom", I hugged her and left. I left the room, but not the school. The hardest part was walking out of those doors without her! :( Mimi flew in that day to come stay with mom to help her with her surgery recovery. She got to go with me to pick up Abby Grace. Abby Grace was so funny when she was telling us that another girl had a lunchable like her and the girl ate her oreo before her lunch. It was so funny!

Ashlyn had carrots for the first time that week. She is growing so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment